Please submit your abstracts in accordance to guidelines below…
Abstracts of clinical studies and case reports will be accepted for oral or e-poster presentation. Deadline of abstract submission is MARCH 6th 2020.
- Although official languages of the congress are Turkish, Albanian and English, the abstracts should be submitted in English.
- The work should not be published before ARUD2020, in whole or in abstract, in an indexed journal.
- Your presentation will be unbiased, based on the best available evidence and all
elements of the presentation will be free from the control of commercial interests.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts must register for the congress before 27 March 2020 or the abstract will be removed from all ARUD-related publications, including the abstract book, and will be rejected for presentation at ARUD2020.
- All abstracts submitted must adhere to the Declaration of Helsinki’s ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects and the rules laid down by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors in their recommendations for the conduct, reporting, editing, and publication of scholarly work in medical journals. This requires that all research (clinical or experimental in humans or animals) must have approval or an exemption from a suitable Institutional Review Board (IRB), Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) or Ethical Review Board (ERB). If this does not exist, the abstract will be rejected.
- Scientific research / Case report abstracts should cover the subtitles respectively;
- Background and Goal of Study / Background: Indicate the purpose and objective of the research; clearly state the hypothesis that was tested by study or the observations that are sought. Brief statement summarising why this case is unusual and noteworthy should be included.
- Materials and Methods / Case report: Describe methods used. Standard methods need only be named, but uncommon or new methods may need a more detailed description. Indicate how the data were analysed and which statistical tests were used. Summarise the information that you have gathered: a brief history and important and relevant positive and negative findings with details of investigations, treatment, and the condition of the patient after treatment.
- Results and Discussion / Discussion: Present as clearly and detailed as possible the findings and outcome of the study in summarised form. Abstracts need only short discussions. Focus on what can be concluded from the data and explain them in simple words. Explain the objective of reporting the case; describe what others have written before about the condition or any related feature. Support with facts the message you are trying to convey.
- Conclusion(s): Give a simple answer to the hypothesis in the light of the new
data from your study. You may wish to suggest what needs to be studied next. The conclusion must be justified by your data.
- References (optional): Include up to three references, numbered according to
order of occurrence in the text, with the corresponding number in the text.
- The abstracts should not exceed 350 words excluding author's name, title and institutions. The correspondance information (name, surname, institution, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail) should also be provided separetly. Up to 6 authors (abstract presenter + 5 co-authors) for an abstract are allowed. The order of the author cannot be modified after the submission. The presenter’s name will be underlined in the publications. The presenter’s full name and professional address data needs to be entered. The affiliation of all authors must be entered. An author can present only 2 oral presentations.
- Abbreviations should not be used as possible in the abstract
- Key words should include as minimum 3 maximum 5 words.
EVALUATION OF ABSTRACTS
All submitted abstracts will go through a blind peer-review process carried out by
reviewers selected by Scientific Committee. Each abstract will be reviewed by two reviewers. The final decision for oral or poster presentation belongs to reviewers.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting and presenting author by 19 March 2020. Please note that the presenting author will be receiving the notification e-mails and is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstracts.
The congress registration deadline for the abstract owners is 27 March 2020.
The abstracts accepted by the scientific committee will be published in a Proceeding Book.